12/29/10

Indulging in my dragon fetish.

Recently, I confirmed a Pojo trade for my third Dragunity Phalanx, second and third Dragunity Dux, and my third Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana. I'm hella stoked, but the fact of the matter is that until we get Dragunity Drive (which may or may not come out in the near future), the deck just isn't going to be good. So I hauled my ass over to yugiohcardmaker.net and made them. So now, I present to you, Fugglor's Dragunity Deck! That reminds me. I'm just gonna throw this out there. Archetypes ruined Yu-Gi-Oh. Now that Konami force-feeds us deck ideas (herp derp let's make a new Blackwing card, then people will run Blackwings), creative deck-building has nearly dropped off the face of the fucking planet. Occasionally, I'll see a deck that isn't a god damn archetype, like an Injection Fairy Lily deck or one based around Arcanite Magician, but the other 95% of decks are Blackwings this and Infernities that and it's a bunch of fucking ass. I'm actually working on an old school deck with a few modern touches here and there, using things like triple Breaker, triple Injection Fairy Lily, triple Giant Rat, two Gigantes, Spirit Reaper, and two Bazoo the Soul Eater mixed with Battle Fader, Dimensional Alchemist and maybe a Debris Dragon. Oh, and I'm gonna try to make Spell Canceller and Airknight Parshath decks too. They're hella fun. Like, imagine a Spell Canceller/Royal Decree combo, with Effect Veilers and shit. You could run Dark Simorgh and Chaos Sorcerer with triple Airknight and... I dunno. It's gonna be pretty nostalgic. Anyway. Fugglor's Dragunity Deck!

Main Deck

Monsters - 21

Light and Darkness Dragon x2
Dragunity Arms Laevatein x3
Dragunity Arms Misteil x2
Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon x3

Dragunity Dux x3
Dragunity Phalanx x3
Dragunity Legionnaire x3
Red-Eyes Wyvern x2

Spells - 14

Future Fusion x1
Dragon Canyon x3
Gold Sarcophagus x2
Trade-In x2
Giant Trunade x1
Cold Wave x1
Dark Hole x1
Monster Reborn x1
Book of Moon x2

Traps - 5

Royal Decree x2
Icarus Attack x2
Solemn Judgment x1

Extra Deck

Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana x3
Dragunity Knight - Barcha x2
Dragunity Knight - Gae Dearg x1
Stardust Dragon x2
Colossal Fighter x1
Goyo Guardian x1
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier x1
Trident Dragion x2
Scrap Dragon x1
Ally of Justice Catastor x1

It's all about getting out Synchros really fast, like Trident Dragion (who can come out on the first turn) and Stardust Dragon. For your backup plays, you have Dragunity Arms Laevatein and Light and Darkness Dragon, who combine to make a really annoying unbreakable combo. If Laevatein gets out, you equip LaDD to him, and when Laevatein is destroyed, or even just removed from the field, the "equip" card will be also, meaning that LaDD was destroyed and will Special Summon a monster from your grave - pick Laevatein (who will be in there before LaDD resolves), and the combo starts all over again. If you're sure your opponent doesn't have any options, you can always pick Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon and put an extra 2800 on the field. (On your turn, just use REDMD's effect to Special Summon Laevatein.)

Another cool play - Normal Summon Dux, pull Phalanx, send Dux to grave to Special Summon Misteil, pull a second Phalanx, make Barcha, pull that Phalanx again, make Trident Dragion, and destroy that first Phalanx to attack twice.

I wanted to run Icarus Attack, but there just wasn't room. Originally, I had a pretty strong Trap lineup (2 BTH, one Judgment, one Warning, two Icarus, one Mirror Force, and one Torrential) but when I stopped to think about it I noticed that none of those barring Icarus and Solemn Judgment disrupted the opponent enough to help me get my plays off, and that a lot of times they would be destroyed by LaDD's destruction + Special Summon effect. So, I dropped everything but Icarus and Solemn Judgment for two Royal Decree (searchable with Gold Sarc and easily drawn with all the milling). I'm pretty sure this is going to work better. If not, it doesn't matter, there's still plenty of time to test builds before the cards actually come out. Hope you enjoyed this little peek into my Dragon fetish. Until next time,

~ Fuggs

PS ~ Fuck yeah, our blog is mentioned on Rauzes's. Maybe people will actually read these.

3 comments:

  1. Dragunity Knight Barcha needs winged beast as its non tuner so Misteil can't be used. And ladd still can be destroyed while being equipped to Laevatein so you need at least 2 laevatein (one in graveyard at least). One more thing, you can just summon dux, equip it with phalanx, remove from play deux to summon laevatein, then equip it back with phalanx to summon trident dragion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to this deck >_< cut me some slack lol. thanks for the input :D

    ReplyDelete