12/20/10

Tourney Report 12.19.2010

Quick update before I head to bed. I honestly never do well in tourneys even though I do well against Fugglor and Brah outside of tourneys and they always seem to top.

Round 1 - Lee (Mishmash)
Duel 1 - I kept my two Miracle Fusions in hand in case he had good response to my AZs. Unfortuanetly after he Radiant Mirror Forced (yeah you read this right. This is probably the second time this week, I have got to stop over extending) my Alius, Stratos, and Prisma, I decided to conserve my AZs and he decided to Soul Release my grave of five of my Heroes. No Ocean in grave = no AZ. I had to Super Poly his Clayman for Gaia and he Torrentialed it later. Probably stalled with Scrap Iron Scarecrow for 10 rounds and I had no MSTs or Neos Alius to combo Gemini Spark with (due to him removing all my Alius with Soul Release). I ended up controlling with CyDra and Honest with a shit ton of back row. Eat that Black Luster Soldier.
Duel 2 - I already took way too long with the first duel and decided to go in serious business mode against this scrub. Sided in my MSTs and beat him to death. He scooped
OO

Round 2 - Kenny (Gravekeepers)
Duel 1 - Royal Tributed my hand first turn. I lost Honest, Stratos, CyDra, and Prisma. I was left with a Miracle Fusion and against Necrovalley, I was fucked.
Duel 2 - Opened with Royal Oppresion, Skill Drain, Solemn Warning, Book of Moon, Torrential, and Stratos. Summond Stratos, searched Prisma, and set 4. He set a Spy and 4 face downs. My go and I attacked into Spy and chained Oppression. Umm I forgot what happened after this but I remember us passing and then him Royal Tributing my hand of all my monsters. I was fucked even with Oppression out.
XX

Round 3  - Fugglor (Monster Mash)
Duel 1 - I controlled and won. Can't remember how.
Duel 2 - I Super Polyed his Red Nova Dragon and my Prisma for Draco-Equiste but he Caiusd it next turn. I lost by a margin.
Duel 3 - This game was really intense, he had Caiused my back row Book of Moon which I responed by flipping his Monarch. Absolute Zero was then facing down against Red Dragon Archfiend (he ran out of Stardust), Formula, a face down Caius, and Collassal. He attacked into AZ and our fields were clean. I drew into Cydra and passed. He drew and removed Vayu and Sirrocco for Armed Wing. Something happened and I narrowly lost.
OXX

Round 4 - n00b HEROES
Duel 1 and 2 - Should I even bother?
OO

Round 5 - BW
Duel 1 - He started off with Shura and a face down. I summoned Alius and with Honest in hand, attacked into Shura and was expecting a Kalut but it never showed up. He then Gold Sarced into Whirlwind and set one in each row. I summon Ocean and attack into Mistral which I then destroy with Alius. Setting one in my back row, I turn it to him. He summons Sirrocco but I Bottomless it. My turn and I summon Stratos and attempt to nuked his face down. Lucky for me, I didn't know Starlight Road couldn't negate Stratos (thanks Brah and Kenny) so no Stardizzl for him and bye bye Royal Decree. I easily won this.
Duel 2 - The game started the same as last time and again I was expecting Kalut but no Kalut! Can this guy not afford Kalut? Come on, it's cheaper than Honest and you have a freakin Stardust! My game.
OO

I got 6th place and 7 dollars of store credit which all went to two Hidden Arsenal 3s. Pulled jank though, Gungnir doesn't want to be with me :( At least Brah went 3-2 with me, I would have felt lonely if he went 4-1 with Fugglor.
Hopefully I'll do better when the Shining comes out...

2 comments:

  1. Haha maybe he was too poor to get Trap Stuns and had to resort to Decrees? I remember him running Icarus

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read chained oppression to an attacked Spy and loled. Can't believe Kenny missed the fact that you can't do that XD

    ReplyDelete