1/23/11

E.HERO Ice Edge and the Goal

Well...the OCG HERO import is not Great Tornado. Instead, we got this little guy


This is Elemental Hero Ice Edge. For all of you HERO illiterate noobs, once per turn, you can ditch a card (Necroshade? Glow Up for Synchro shenanigans? Neos for Oversoul shenanigans? Miracle Fusion set up?) so that it can declare a direct attack. If he inflicts battle damage with his humongous 800 attack (seriously. Blue Eyes can't beat this mofo, even when he's equipped with three Shooting Star Bow - Ceal), Ice Edge gets to destroy a set Spell/Trap.

So lesse, blowing up a Spell/Trap is nice. Being made of Water is awesome because you can be food for Absolute Zero om nom nom. Direct attack for game? Yes please haha

But on a serious note, I feel like this guy is seriously limited. 800 ATK really doesn't help you get over much in this format. No one leaves their Fluff Token in attack, Rykos that are flipped by the opponent are usually used as Tribute fodder or Synchro Material, Snowman Eater will stay on D and will most likely be turning into a Absolute Zero or Gungnir. You get the idea.
I also have mixed feelings about the direct attack thing. While having that ability makes it much easier to destroy a Spell/Trap with, the discarding one card can hurt you if it's not setting up for a big play. Now whether or not the Spell/Trap destruction comes into play will depend on your opponent's backrow and the number of monsters out. If he has multiple sets and a monster somewhat weaker than your boss but stronger than Ice Edge, he could waste one of them to get rid of a small threat or save it to destroy the bigger monster you might have. However, if he goes with the second choice, there's a chance that he'll lose that game winning card that he planned to use on your boss. His response whether or not to activate in response to the attack will be based on skill, confidence, and luck.
Another scenario is you having only an Ice Edge and him having one face-down and a monster. You intend to get rid of that reverse card so you can destroy him next turn. Naturally, your opponent will probably chain that one reverse card in response to your attack (if able) because he'll end up losing it anyways. In the end, you'll probably minus 2 while your opponent netted a 0. On the other hand, you got rid of a pesky face-down and hopefully a good play setup for next turn.

E.HERO Ice Edge may not be a card that will kick HEROES up to Tier 1, but he's a balanced card nevertheless. It may have seemed that I don't think highly of this card but it's quite the contrary. Being a HERO means he's totally welcomed into my HERO deck. The only way he can ever be good will depend on how good the player is at reading and playing. What to discard? How will my opponent respond? Will he respond? What will I do if he does this? These are the questions I consider when I'm in a pinch. If not, I'll mostly be dueling with my gut because apparently, I misplay a lot less that way haha. In the end, the HERO duelist is what will make the HERO shine.

Hopefully I'm not coming off as a E.HERO-know-it-all. I'm honestly the weakest member of Team Rose Bud and there are a lot of people I consider better than me. I pretty much go 50-50 with Epicake, Orgymaster has been on a winning streak lately, Brah and Fugglor are incredibly good at reading into the game. And then the regulars at locals. There's big black Alex and his Spellcaster Synchros. He may be a cocky asshole who acts like he's all that, but he can easily back up the talk. Then four-eyed Kenny with his Gravekeepers. He's not as cocky and I feel that he somewhat respects me, but doesn't see me as a strong player. There are tons of other people at our locals too, Paco, tall kid with the glasses who made fun of my gold TKRO, Andrew, etc. And then the OCG bloggers! The famous Rauzes, the seemingly dead Neuxcharge, and my HERO idol LGQ. My goal? To earn everyone's respect and acknowledgement.

One month and eight days left until E.HERO the Shining fellow TCG HERO players! Lets take the metagame by storm! :D

Gotcha~
          Chow

1 comment:

  1. lol, HERO idol . . . thats too much for someone like myself to handle

    ReplyDelete