1/17/11

On Scooping

I know I promised a TGHL decklist but this is a short post.

If there is one thing I hate in Yu-Gi-Oh, it's when people quit during tourney play. It's one thing to go 0-2 and drop because you won't be getting a prize anyway. It frees up your time to trade, and means you won't be bored beating the crap out of little kids that you face.

It is another thing entirely to be facing a formidable field while topdecking and then to scoop after seeing your next card. In tournaments, I make every effort not to scoop. I make my opponent say, "Attack for game" before I start siding for the next game/start putting my crap away. Unless you habitually go to time (I still have yet to ever go to time), you should be willing to play out the duel. Really, the only thing you have to lose is like 2 minutes and there is a chance (however minute) that your opponent will misplay and you'll take the game. So next time before you pick up your cards, ask yourself, "what do I have to lose?" and make your opponent win instead of letting yourself lose.

Keep Netdecking,
~Brah~

2 comments:

  1. Epicake could learn a thing or two from you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I don't think he does it as much in tourneys. Not that he ever goes.

    ReplyDelete