11/12/11

Fugglor's Tourney Report - 11/12

Took my Full Monster build to Locals today. Right before the tourney I scored three T.G. Striker and T.G. Warwolf off Epicake, so there's that. I'll put up the build at the end of the post.

Match 1 - Beatdown Exceed

This one was balls easy. First thing he did was summon Drill Barnacle; I thought he was gonna be doing some Generation Diva shit, but he flipped some random Normal 3* and made Leviathan Dragon. I discarded Spore for Quickdraw and sacked it for Caius... xD bad play is bad, but it got rid of Leviathan and he couldn't recover. I kept Caiusing his vanilla beaters (Alexandrite Dragon, Dark Blade, and some 1600 GENF card), and summoned Trishula for game. Game 2 went the same way.
OO

Match 2 - Epicake and Gravekeepers

FUCKIN ANDREW. (our tourney's resident Asian judge)

I knew this would happen. Gravekeepers are my worst matchup, as everything I do either targets the Graveyard or removes shit from play. Well, I won the dice roll, so I went first.

1. He drew garbage. No Necrovalley, no good beaters, no good backrows. Kept hitting him for damage until he set something; then I summoned Trishula and RFGed his field/hand. I felt sort of bad.
2. This time, he got Necrovalley out first turn. I drew a mostly-garbage hand, summoned Rai-Oh, and passed. Eventually, I managed to get Treeborn in the grave, and tributed for Mobius, blowing only Necrovalley (afraid of Starlight Road). I made a Scrap Dragon after that, decided not to hit his backrow, and Scrap Dragon got D-Prisoned. He played Necrovalley next turn and Royal Tributed my hand. I lost this one.
3. This one was close as hell. I was basically setting things, blocking the damage until I could draw into some answers. Eventually, he was at 6000 from using Warning, I was at 2000-something, and drew into Rai-Oh. I managed to make Brionac, bounced Necrovalley, summoned BLS, and brought Level Eater and Glow-Up back for game.
OXO

Match 3 - Bad Gravekeepers
I played this little Indian kid who was running what looked like the Marik structure deck. I felt bad beating him; he had no idea what most of my cards did and looked so sad when I attacked for game. Kept Caiusing his monsters and made a Drill Warrior. He used Nightmare Wheel on my Drill, which I removed during MP2... wanted to just let him use it on Caius, but I won the next turn without it.
OO

Match 4 - Jared and Legendary Six Samurai
This game pissed me off SO much.
1. I controlled easily with Caius and Trishula (seems to be a pattern), I Dark Holed and Heavy Stormed on opening and just sort of won effortlessly. My first thought was, "Oh shit, I don't need to side. This dude sucks." FUCKING MISTAKE.
2. This one would have been mine. I did a summon out of order and got Warninged. Then he Mirror Forced me. Fucker set three first turn. Either way, chalked it up to luck, and didn't side again Game 3.
3. Everything was going my way until he Torrentialed my field. Luckily, I hadn't Normal Summoned, and I had Gallis in hand. Game seemed imminent.
"Reveal Gallis?"
"Sure."
"Mill one."
...Pot of Avarice.
He made a fucking Shi En the next turn, backed it up with three backrow and a Kizan, and gamed me.
MOTHER FUCKIN SPELL MILLS.
OXX

I wanted to play Chow in the finals... if we'd both won the tourney it would have been fucking sick, but NO. Gallis fucked me over. And the sad thing is, I can't cut any of the spells. They're all game-changing if I draw them.

Final Result - 3-1

Well, whatever. I walked away with some stuff I really needed, and learned something about my deck. Not a total loss. I am gonna go back and thrash the shit out of it next week though. On to the deck.

Monsters - 37

3x Gallis the Star Beast
2x Card Trooper
1x Super-Nimble Mega Hamster
2x Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
3x Junk Synchron
2x Doppelwarrior
3x Quickdraw Synchron
2x Level Eater
2x T.G. Striker
2x T.G. Warwolf
1x Lonefire Blossom
1x Dandylion
1x Spore
1x Glow-Up Bulb
3x Reborn Tengu
2x Genex Ally Birdman
2x Effect Veiler
1x Treeborn Frog
2x Caius the Shadow Monarch
1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning

Spells - 3

1x Pot of Avarice
1x Heavy Storm
1x Dark Hole

Side Deck

1x Battle Fader
1x Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1x Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
2x Cyber Dragon
1x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
2x Mobius the Frost Monarch
2x Puppet Plant
1x Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
2x Maxx "C"
2x Thunder King Rai-Oh

Extra Deck

1x Shooting Star Dragon
2x Stardust Dragon
1x Formula Synchron
1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Ally of Justice Cat Fister
1x Armory Arm
1x Junk Destroyer
1x Junk Archer
2x Drill Warrior
1x Junk Warrior

Changes I have since made:

-1 Stardust Dragon
+1 Road Warrior

-1 Battle Fader
-1 Gorz
+2 Gemini Imps

Changes I would like to make:

-5 ???
+1 Mystic Tomato
+1 Dark Armed Dragon
+1 T.G. Striker
+1 T.G. Rush Rhino
+1 Elder of the Six Samurai

-1 ???
+1 Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En

Cards I would fucking like to have, and that the deck needs to be good:

1 Naturia Beast
1 T.G. Hyper Librarian
1 Shooting Quasar Dragon

3 Breaker the Magical Warrior

There you have it, my miserable attempt at taking Locals with a completely unfinished side or extra deck. Not sure if I'm gonna be playing again until Shooting Quasar comes out, and I rip some kid for a Librarian. Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment