11/12/11

Chow's Tourney Report 11/12

I think this is my first tourney since the Generation Force sneak peek. Thought I might as well since I won't have another Saturday off work for a while.

Deck: HERO

Match 1 - Scraps
1: He went for Scrap Twin in attempt to blow away my back row. I allowed him to bounce my Warnings and he tried getting over Stratos but I Super Poly'd for Draco Equiste. Controlled the game from there.
2: He made a first turn Scrap Twin. I had Miracle Fusion, Ocean, Woodsman, Dimensional Prison, Parallel World, and MST. I couldn't set up fast enough, kept bouncing my stuff, followed with Scrap Dragon, and I lost.
3: Same as first.
OXO

Match 2 - Agents
1 and 2: Scrub. HERO beatdown, LIGHT style. Go Shining and Alius tag team!!
OO

Match 3 - Frogs
1: He started with Tengu. I beat over with Stratos. He goes Swap and sets up Treeborn. Gets Light and Darkness Dragon off next turn. I waste two cards so that Alius could beat over it. Miracle for boss monsters and game.
2: I played too conservatively and he brought out LaDD. I wasted too many resources in attempt to get rid of it and lost.
3: Kept pushing with Rai Oh and Alius, didn't allow him to have more than two monsters out. Yeah I was freakin scared of LaDD haha.
OXO

Match 4 - Hopeless
1: I misplayed by not setting Starlight Road and lost a lot of advantage that I could gained off Ice Edge.
2: We traded off monsters a lot towards the end game. He wasted a Dark Hole and Heavy Storm that could have easily screwed me over. He saw my D.Prison and refused to attack with FGD for game. Drew Smashing and game'd him instead.
3: I had a handle of his playing style and forced him to waste his resources before I made big pushes with Poly and Miracle.
XOO

At this point, only me and Jared were left undefeated. Andrew said that there was a promo card for first so we decided to just play for it. Strangely, this game was less stress on my heart then the other four games were. 

Match 5 - Legendary Six Samurai
1: He started with Kazeki, Kizan, and Enishi with one back row. I summon Stratos and searched. He pummeled me down to 3800. I blew away his backrow with a timely MST. Miracle Fusion'ed for Nova Master and started plusing off his Sams. He was in top decking mode and I had Fossil Dyna and Nova out. With 2600 left, he set one. I switched Nova to defense and attacked Dyna into a Mirror Force. He commented on my good prediction but failed to Smoke Signal into anything that could get over Nova.
2: He started with Shi En and Kizan. I forced Shi En's negation with Dark Hole and then followed with Fusion Gate. Rammed my Zero into his Shi En. I started beating down his monsters, filling up the grave for his Enishi to bounce Shining. By this time, I had accumulated enough HEROs in hand where I just Trinity'd for game.
OO

Pulled Black Garden from my entrance pack. Took a blue DL Call of The Haunted as my promo, a GENF and TU06 pack as my prize. Pulled Goka and SR Chain Disappearance. I'm pretty satisfied now winning my first tourney. Was the only one on the team that hasn't yet x]

Gotcha~
     Chow

1 comment: