11/9/11

Epicake's Thoughts on Mind Crush


Mind Crush
Normal Trap Card
Declare 1 card name. If your opponent has the declared card(s) in their hand, discard all of the declared card(s) to the graveyard. Otherwise, you randomly discard 1 card.

Mind Crush blows my mind. With the September 2011 banlist, this card was brought back to Semi-Limited, from the Limited list. Mind Crush has saved my ass time after time, on Royal Tribute preventing a Royal Tribute, Veiler, Gorz, etc. This trap should have stayed limited, but hey. Konami is retarded. Reasons I absolutely love this card:

1. CrushShoot. This combo was made by some person, some time ago when Mind Crush wasn't Limited, during some time that I had totally forgotten YGO existed. People dropped CrushShoot as soon as Mind Crush went to one, and the consistency of the combo was horrible, but now, Crush is back at two and ready to rape some face.
2. Reading your opponent. When you're playing Mind Crush, you learn how to use it correctly. You can tell if your opponent has a Tragoedia, Gorz, Veiler, Maxx “C”, Heavy Storm or anything that could stop or create a huge play. If you can read your opponent's bluffs correctly, this card is basically a one-for-one with any card in your opponent's hand.
3. Opponents who drop their cards. I love it when they drop their Gorz accidentally, and they don't think I saw it. Teehee. MIND CRUSH BITCHEZZZZ.
4. I allow takebacks, and Mind Crush makes me a happy camper. If an opponent starts a huge ass play, and then they decide they'd rather play it more defensively, and take back their BLS or Dark Hole, Mind Crush just takes it away and ruins all their fun. Proceed to rape.
5. Back when I ran Gravekeepers, this card paired up insanely with Royal Tribute. I recall playing against Dragunities at locals one week (I went 4-0), and I drew GK Commandant, Royal Tribute, Mind Crush x2, and two other un-important cards. I Royal Tribute'd (I'm coining this as a new verb, as Fugglor is coining other shit) and he discarded 4 cards, Phalanx, Aklys, Dux and Dux. Then I Mind Crush'd whatever other shit was in his hand, and proceeded to beat him down with a Descendant.

All in all, this card just makes for really derpy plays if you can read your opponent, or just straight up know what your opponent has in their hand at the time. This card truly promotes skill in this game, and it can make some rages from youropponent. Rages of the Rage Quit kind.

~Epicake~

3 comments:

  1. You should know that Mind Crush does NOT require the opponent to reveal his hand. If he can prove that he doesn't have any more copies available, you do not get to look. In example, you declare Gorz. Gorz is only allowed at one copy so if he discards it you do not check. If he has 2 Judgment Dragon in grave and discards the third you do not get to check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's kind of a given though. All four of us know it and have since people started maining it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand that. In most cases though, the person will have to show you.

    ReplyDelete