11/7/11

A BLOGGER Lives!

Yeah. We vanished 7 months ago. Unlike Rauzes and many other bloggers who have stopped with YGO during our absence, we left the blogging community without a formal goodbye.

Times have changed. Brah has left the group for college, his money going towards tuition instead of shiny cardboard (Brah). Another member lives two hours away from the rest of us (Orgymaster). A third quit the game (Fugglor)...or so he thought. In the end, there was two (Me and Epicake).

Even in our absence, we were still HAMing this game! Dueling Network has allowed us to tests variety of decks with people from all over the globe. The only problem is a majority of players are scrubs, jerks, or clueless about rulings which doesn't make it the ideal place for testing. Nevertheless, DN has done wonders by bring me back into the game when I was trying to push it away from me.

I'd be lying if I told you guys playing the same deck for 6 years wasn't boring. HEROs are a versatile archetype, expanding everywhere from Elemental, to Destiny, to Evil, and now to Masked and Vision. Even with all this support, I still felt bored every now and then. Two months ago, I went on a temporary haitus, an attempt to focus on college and get away from such childish activities. This was short lived as Fugglor dove back into the game and is now more feisty than ever.

With his and Epicake's constant nagging, I've been able to develop two new decks that aren't HERO based. I feel like they DO have the same strategy as my current HERO Gate build: swarm. It doesn't matter if it's with big monsters or small monsters. I realized that this aggressive strategy has been my playing style all along as I've been attracted to many decks in the past with this concept (i.e. Infernities). It's either that or decks that makes very flashy plays.

In fact, I've got a flashy deck right here just for you guys in celebration of our rebirth~~~~~~~~


A little background history before I go on to the decklist: when E.HERO Air Neos was first released, people tried utilizing his effect to its fullest by running three Solemn Judgments. Three Judgments would certainly add a lot of potential to Air Neos along with a lot of control to the deck. However, on September 2009, Solemn was sent to the limited portion of the list for the good of the game and Air Neos lost a core part of the deck.

 Fast forward to 2011, a time where hand traps are the new dangers of the format, where a timely Effect Veiler can give a player chance to make a come back, Maxx "C" forces the opponent to reconsider whether or not they want to go on a Special-Summon-spamming spree, and a timely Gorz will change the outcome of the game. Even with all these dangers (namely Veiler and Herald), a HERO will never give up until the very end! 

This is AIR NEOS OTK 2.0!!!


Monsters (14)
E.HERO Neos x2
E.HERO Stratos x1
E.HERO Prisma x3
E.HERO Necroshade x1
N. Air Hummingbird x3
N. Aqua Dolphin x1
N. Grand Mole x1
Thunder King Rai-Oh x2

Spells (18)
Pot of Duality x2
E - Emergency Call x3
Convert Contact x1
A Hero Lives x3
Dark Hole x1
Heavy Storm x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Monster Reborn x1
O - Over Soul x1
Miracle Fusion x2
Future Fusion x1

Traps (8)
Solemn Warning x2
Solemn Judgment x1
Call of the Haunted x2
Mind Crush x2
Trap Dustshoot x1

Extra (15)
E.HERO Air Neos x2
E.HERO Storm Neos x1
E.HERO Grand Neos x1
E.HERO Shining x3
E.HERO Absolute Zero x2
E.HERO Great Tornado x1
E.HERO Nova Master x1
E.HERO Escuridao x1
E.HERO Gaia x1
E.HERO Darkbright x1
Leviair the Sea Dragon x1
No.17 Leviathan Dragon x1

A Hero Lives and Solemn Warning are two new toys that Konami has to offer this deck. With A Hero Lives, you can pay half your life to summon Prisma, dump Neos, summon Hummingbird, and contact for Air Neos! You can potentially have a first turn monster with 6500 attack! Throw in an Over Soul and that's game if you have a clear field. A neat trick I've done once was Live into Prisma, dump Necro, Dark Hole, then Lives into Prisma, dump Bird, summon Neos with Necro, contact for an Air Neos with 8500~ Can someone say game?

Veiler kills our win condition but that's why Dustshoot and Mind Crush are in there.

Overall, this deck was just for funzies and the build that I have posted right now is really not that solid. To me, it's very weak and could use a lot more tweaking. It lacks good back up plays besides Miracle Fusion which I only have at two. 


This deck was only for nostalgia purposes. I promise you guys that I'll get around to showing you guys the new decks I've been working on and that all my posts won't be about HEROs. During that time, I hope you guys will continue reading our blog and supporting us ;)

Gotcha~
     Chow

2 comments:

  1. Shouldn't you play Wrath of Neos? I bet no one will see it coming, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I should too, and it clears the field for a another HERO Lives into Air Neos. I just didn't like how it was just sitting in my hand sometimes :/

    ReplyDelete