11/6/11

Deck Profile - Gallis Doppel

It's been almost half a year since anyone made a damn blog post. I have an excuse; I quit playing to try and save money, but Chow and Epicake have been playing the whole time. The fuhhhhk. It's time to bring this shit back, and since I just got my set of Gallis and Tengus... DECK PROFILE GOOOO

___________________________________________________

Fugglor's New and Improved Fishborg-less Monster Surge Featuring Doppelwarrior!

Monsters - 38

3x Gallis the Star Beast
2x Card Trooper
1x Super-Nimble Mega Hamster
2x Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter

2x Junk Synchron
3x Quickdraw Synchron
2x Synchron Explorer
1x Unknown Synchron
2x Doppelwarrior
2x Level Eater
2x Genex Ally Birdman

3x Deep Sea Diva
1x Spined Gillman

3x Reborn Tengu

2x Effect Veiler

1x Glow-Up Bulb
1x Dandylion
1x Spore

1x Treeborn Frog

2x Caius the Shadow Monarch
1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning

Spells - 2

1x Pot of Avarice
1x One for One

Side Deck

2x Puppet Plant
2x Thunder King Rai-Oh
3x Breaker the Magical Warrior
2x Jinzo
1x Gemini Imps
2x Maxx "C"
2x Battle Fader
1x Neo-Spacian Grand Mole

Extra Deck

1x Shooting Quasar Dragon
1x Shooting Star Dragon
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Formula Synchron
1x Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Brionac, Fake-ass Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Junk Destroyer
2x Drill Warrior
1x Junk Warrior
1x Road Warrior
1x Ally of Justice Cat Fister
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Tech Genus Hyper Librarian
1x Scrap Dragon
___________________________________________________

~Before I go into the deck, some cards that I either don't have, or wanted to run but couldn't find room for~

1x Lonefire Blossom
2x Mystic Tomato
1x Lost Blue Breaker (as soon as I get one Gillman is getting tossed in the trash)
1x Plaguespreader Zombie
1x Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1x Debris Dragon
1x Dark Armed Dragon
2x Destiny Hero - Malicious
1x Tuningware
3x Dimensional Alchemist
1x Symphonic Warrior Basses
1x Junk Synchron

Now that we've got that done... on to the explanation.

3x Gallis the Star Beast
2x Card Trooper
1x Super-Nimble Mega Hamster
2x Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter

The milling engine. Helps me dump crap like Level Eater and the Plants without having to rely on drawing them and Quickdraw. All of these plus on their own too, which is an important part of a Monster Surge deck.

2x Junk Synchron
3x Quickdraw Synchron
2x Synchron Explorer
1x Unknown Synchron
2x Doppelwarrior
2x Level Eater
2x Genex Ally Birdman

The Synchro engine. Junk Synchron really should be at 3 in here, but I just couldn't find room. I'll test some more. Anyways, we have Quickdraw to work with Level Eater and the massive amounts of tokens from Doppelwarrior. Notice that almost all of them plus, or are involved in a plus.

Synchron Explorer, Unknown Synchron and the multiple copies of Level Eater let me do a three card Shooting Quasar Dragon. Quickdraw, dump fodder, and Synchron Explorer in hand, Level Eater in grave or as the dump fodder. Discard to summon Quickdraw. Level Eat Quickdraw, make Junk Warrior. Level Eat Junk Warrior, Normal Summon Synchron Explorer, revive Quickdraw, make Road Warrior. Summon Unknown Synchron with Road's effect. Level Eat Road Warrior, make Formula Synchron. Level Eat Road Warrior again, synch Junk Warrior (4*), Road Warrior (6*), and Formula Synchron (2*) for Shooting Quasar Dragon. Field: Level Eater, Shooting Quasar Dragon.

Doppelwarrior combos nicely with Synchron Explorer, Junk Synchron, Level Eater and the Plants. Birdman allows for some awesome shit with Gallis, works with the tokens from Dandylion and Doppelwarrior, and can return Effect Veilers Junk Synchron pulls to the hand.

3x Deep Sea Diva
1x Spined Gillman

3x Reborn Tengu

Deep Sea Divas and Gillman provide a backup Synchro engine, and can open up shenanigans with Level Eater. Tengu does the same. Notice the theme of plussing still at work here.

2x Effect Veiler

The only real minus in the deck sans Quickdraw. It's the "trap" of the deck. It protects my monsters like Quasar and Librarian from being Brionac'd (new verb), Trishula'd (second new verb) and Caiused (existing verb.) Can't be having my boss monsters being removed, can I? It's not quite the end of the world though. This deck can literally empty its extra deck on the drop of a hat.

1x Glow-Up Bulb
1x Dandylion
1x Spore

Da Prant Engine. Needs moar Lonefire, but I couldn't find quite enough room. Spore is dead a lot, but it's also a level 1 Tuner, so I'm not gonna complain. Junk Synchron shenanigans, I can end up with the Librarian-Formula combo. All of them replace themselves or plus.

1x Treeborn Frog

I think I'm just stubborn with this guy. I don't even really need him, he just provides Tribute fodder for Caius and opens up a bit more Synchro options. Might be dumping him for Tuningware, who's also a plus but that fits more with the deck.

2x Caius the Shadow Monarch
1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning

The removal engine of the deck. Caius gets rid of shit like Kristya, and other stuff that gives my deck grief. BLS is just too fuckin good not to run, but I only have four Lights in here (five with Tuningware)... Might drop him for Lonefire. I have enough boss monsters as is, with Quasar, Shooting Star, and the rest of my Synchros.

1x Pot of Avarice
1x One for One

The only two Spells I was willing to risk a Gallis mill for. Pot of Avarice pulls all of my Junk Synchrons, Veilers, and the like back to the deck for reuse, and gives me a plus while doing so. One for One pulls Spore, Glow-Up and Level Eater to the field and helps dump stuff I don't want. I don't really count it as a minus, because 99% of the time it ends up as a Shooting Quasar Dragon.

IT'S FUCKING FOOLPROOF

/deck.

PS. Fuck you Brah, quitting and moving to Illinois. Asshole.

8 comments:

  1. I'd risk a Gallis mill for Monster Reborn or Dark Hole. Monster Reborn will give you the potential to spam more while Dark Hole gives you a temporary out to Kristya which is all you might need. One of those as a replacement for Treeborn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah dude, Reborn doesn't plus at all, and as for Dark Hole, if I don't have monsters on the field at all times I'm not doing it right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Technically you're right that reborn doesn't plus, but the monster you get can plus and can be essential . . . I love the deck idea, btw. I'm trying it on DN with a few changes (no diva engine, primarily)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet. How is it without Diva? I've been thinking about dropping the engine for two Maxx "C", Lonefire, and Gorz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I don't have a basis of comparison, but I am running those 4 cards. I'm also using 2 tragoedia and a monster reborn in place of treeborn and the two spells.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah. I did some testing and found I like Diva in there because it and Gillman make an easy Trishula.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just hate the normal summon of Diva. Seems so counter productive.

    I'm not loving trag, but lonefire and gorz are necessary, imo. I can't imagine running this deck without some defense, and veiler only goes so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tested some more, and you're right. I need my normal summons for Junk Synchrons, Synchron Explorers, and the various sets I make. Swapped out the Divas, Gillman, and Tengus for 2x Merchant, Sangan, 2x Caius (for getting around the big stuff), Reborn (to pair with Merchant) and Dark Armed.

    ReplyDelete