3/5/11

Local Report 3/5/2011

First tournament with Shining and I was so stoked! Today was also regionals but it was kinda out of the way and I wanted to practice before doing anything big.

Name: Chow
Deck: Gate HERO aka Lancelot

Match #1 - Josh and Aliens
Game 1 - I got out Absolute Zero first turn and had Solemn Judgement face down with Fusion Gate and Voltic in hand. I attacked and he Compulsed. After a lot of thinking, I decided to not risk it and Solemn his Compulse. Game was mine >:]
Game 2 - Chain Material and Fusion Gate won me this game.
OO

Match #2 - Morphtronics
Game 1 - He was beating me down with Videon/3 Equips. I Fusion Gated into Zero and then Shining for game.
Game 2 - I kept Chimerateching whenever he swarmed. Yeah it's not easy getting past a 4K Fortress Dragon.
OO

Match #3 - Brah and Gate HERO
Game 1 - I didn't keep track of how many Shinings I had left in the Extra Deck, activated Fusion Gate, attempted to go for Shining but couldn't find any. Next turn he activated Chain Material...
Game 2 - We traded off Heroes one after another. I went into Absolute Zero and Ocean, suicided into Kinetic Shoulder, and attacked with Ocean. I had Miracle Fusion and Monster Reborn in hand but decided to play conservatively. Big mistake. He went into Rainbow Neos, Gaia, and Absolute Zero. Sigh...
XX

Match #4 - Zack and SalvoDAD
Game 1 - Chain Material and Fusion Gate shenanigans. I Rainbow Neos his backrow, went into AZ and then into Shining which cleared off Sangan which he then added PSZ with, went into another Shining and used the dead HERO in grave with Neos for another Shining.
Game 2 - Seeing as how I ended the last game too quickly to know what to side in, I just sided in another Thunder King for Synchro plays. He Gold Sacred into DAD so he would get it back in two turns. The next three turns was him setting Dekoichi, having me destroy it, Dark Erupting it, and setting it again. I eventually drew into Gate and fused like crazy before he had a chance to counter with Dark Armed.
OO

Overall Rank: 2nd of 18?
Prize: 2 Turbo Pack 4. (SR Diva!!! :D)

My thoughts:
I'm pretty pissed I lost to my own HERO build teched with Gemini Spark but I did learn a lot. I should have kept better track of my Shinings and take more time with my moves. I also have a habit of over analyzing things, not just duels but life as well. While playing conservatively is good, learning when to play like that is also important. HEROES are an explosive deck and leaving an open monster with no backrow and thinking my 4300 LP would not hit 0 next turn was a stupid thought.
I have to admit though, although this deck is HEROES, I don't have much fun winning as I thought I would. My opponents don't look like they're having fun and the only thing that seems to be going on in my mind when I draw my hand is "Chain Material. Fusion Gate. Chain Material. Fusion Gate. Chain Material. Fusion Gate. Chain Material. Fusion Gate. Chain Material. Fusion Gate. Chain Material. Fusion Gate." I enjoy playing games where our LP are neck and neck and amazing plays are happening and stopped at the same time. Or maybe, and I don't mean to be arrogant, my games weren't challenging enough for me (except for Brah). Most of the really good people were playing in Regionals that day so I guess it should have been expected. I'm planning on giving Gate HERO another go for 1st and keep doing so til I get my very first 1st place.

Second, my friend Kevin has been pulling amazing stuff from the Turbo Packs he won. The first time he did a favor the guy who works there (Andrew, my self proclaimed Asian bro ho) and so Andrew rewarded him by throwing a Turbo Pack 3 at him but not before rubbing it on his balls. Kevin pulled a super rare Rekindling. Second time Kevin got a Turbo Pack 4, he rushed to Andrew and told him to rub his balls on it. Pulled a super rare Compulsory Evacuation Device. So today, all depressed that I got second, opened my Turbo Pack 4. But just as I was opening it, a thought occured. I rushed to Andrew, told him to rub his balls on it, and pulled a super rare Deep Sea Diva! ALL HAIL THE MAGICAL BALLS!!!!

A final note, I beat Zack and SalvoDAD so fast, I didn't get to see the unique part of the deck. He was using Genex Duradark and Neutron!!! Freakin genius! It acts as Chaos Sorc food and the Duradark can be revived via Black Salvo!!! And the guy's name was Zack Fast! Zack FAST! FAST!!!! Such a sick name for a guy with a sick deck.

Gotcha~
          Chow

2 comments:

  1. Id love to see how gate HERO works. Im an avid hero player and trying to find a decent build to try and having a hard time finding one. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to mention how Brah beat me in the fricking finals and I dropped to 4th.

    ReplyDelete