3/12/11

Chow's Tourney Report 3/12/2011

This little Asian was pissed off that he didn't take first place when everyone was at Regionals so now that everyone's back at locals, it's time to get my game on! Yeah >:D

Deck: Gate HERO aka Lancelot 

Round 1: Hao and Gravekeepers
Duel 1: He gets out a Assailant with Solidarity out on the field with Necrovalley so the thing had 2800. I Fusion Gated into Absolute Zero and Book of Moon his Assailant so I could run over it with Neos Alius. I Chain Materialed next turn and ended with Zero and 2 Shinings. One of them blew up and I got back Voltic and Stratos. He sets two. I go, summon Stratos, nukes his face-down Mirror Force and Dimensional Prison.
Duel 2: He sets a monster, sets a reverse, activates Necrovalley, and plays Royal Tribute. He loses two monsters from his hand. He looks at mine: Terraforming, Chain Material, E.HERO Neos, Noblemen of Crossout, and Chain Material. He discards Neos. My turn, draw into Torrential, Noblemen his face down Recruiter, MST his backrow, and replaced Necrovalley with Fusion Gate. Set two reverse. He goes, summons, I Torrential. I go, activate Chain Material, he scoops.

OO

I see some other guys playing HERO decks and was wondering why no one played with Chain Material. Zack told me it was cuz it's a waste if they Dark Hole you. Psh, never happened to me, never will. Never lost a game after Chain Materialing...

Round 2: Absolute Zero/Light Beat
Duel 1: I summon Absolute Zero first turn, he Smashes. I make my Chain Material play, he Dark Holes...wtf. Zack, you jinxed me, you cheese-eater haha. I lost this game.
Duel 2: We pretty much took turn exchanging monsters, both down to 2100. He had Alius and Stratos. I draw into Super Poly.
Duel 3: I was down to 100, he had CyDra, Stratos, and Alius. I played Fusion Gate, fused for Zero and destroyed his Stratos. I set Trunade and Chain Material face down and forgot to activate Trunade to return Fusion Gate back to hand. He fuses the last two cards in his hand next turn for Shining which swings over Zero for game

XOX

Round 3: Tre and D.D.
Round 1: He summons Warrior Lady and sets two face downs. I go, he flips Macro Cosmos, I summon Stratos, search for Voltic and crash into Warrior Lady and he removes both of them from play. I set Solemn Judgement and passed. Next turn he attempts to Card Destruction. I looked at my hand of Fusion Gate, Voltic, Prisma, and Ocean...nuh uh screw you. SOLEMN JUDGEMENT! He passes. I activate Fusion Gate, fused Prisma and Ocean for Shining. Summon Voltic. Attack with Voltic and Special Summoned Stratos to blow up his Macro Cosmo and face down (Macro Cosmo). That's game.
Round 2: He summons DD Warrior Lady and sets two face down (deja vu). I Fusion Gate, summon Stratos and search Voltic, fused Stratos and Ocean for Zero, Zero and Voltic for Shining. Attacked with Shining. Yeah he can't do anything.

OO

So before my next round, I'm going to tell you guys a quick story that made this duel for me. Since the first day I came to this local, I've always been the HERO kid. I never played anything else. There's this big black guy that goes there, arrogant as fuck but an amazing duelist, he recently won Regionals. Anyways, arrogant, noisy, and egotistical. He's always looked down on me and doesn't even recognizes me, mostly because I was never really that good and never went more than 2-2 in a locals. Played against him once during the Duelist Revolution sneak peek. His Naturia deck killed my HEROES. From that day on, he was my wall and the wall that I was gonna break down to become a better duelist. Here comes the match that I've waited almost a year for. Here's Round 4...

Round 4: Alex and Legendary Six Samurais
Game 1: He takes the initiative and summons Kizan, sets 4 reverse and passes it on to me. I draw and play Terraforming. He asked, "Oh, Dragunitys?" And I'm thinking, "Really, have you ever seen me play anything besides Heroes?" I search Fusion Gate, summon Stratos, search, and rammed. Set three in my back row and pass it on to him. He activates Gateway, I Solemn Judgement. He flips United, summons Spirit of the Six Sam, special Grandmaster, equips and attacks. My turn, activate Fusion Gate, then Chain Material.

Me: Voltic and Voltic, summon Shining?
Alex: OK.
Me: Stratos and Ocean, summon Absolute Zero?
Alex: OK.
Me: Neos and Rainbow Dragon, Rainbow Neos?
Alex: OK...wait. What the fuck?

I guess he never saw Rainbow Neos coming cuz he started to freak out. I use Rainbow Neos to return his backrow, fused Rainbow Neos and Absolute Zero for Shining, Chain Materialed into another Shining which died and fetched me Stratos and Voltic. Yeah, that's game. He had 2 cards in hand and no comeback.
Game 2: I drew into a bunch of HEROES and no Fusion Gate. He summoned Kizan and Zanji, I Veilered his Zanji so neither of them could get over Alius, he Doubled Edged Sword Techniqued into two more Kizan and Zanji which I Solemn Judgement. Ugh it was just an ugly game and I eventually lost.
Game 3: I drew into Terraforming, Ocean, Alius, Seven Tools, Chain Material, and Kinetic Soldier. I Terraformed for Fusion Gate, summoned Shining, set my hand and passed. He summoned Kageki, Kagemura, and then Kizan. Synced for Mist Wurm and bounced my Shining, Chain Material, and Seven Tools. He hit my Kinetic Soldier, set, and passed. I drew Ice Edge, set my hand again and passed. He activated United, summoned Spirit, Special Summoned Grandmaster, equipped. Attacked with Grandmaster and then directly with Wurm. Set and passed. My turn, draw, Chain Material. Went for Shining and he Bottomlessed...okay. Went for Rainbow Neos and slammed his hands down in frustration which got the attention of the whole room. This guy really doesn't like Rianbow Neos ._. I sent my face down Seven Tools to clean his backrow. Went for two more Zeros and a Gaia and fused for two permanent Shining and Zero. He had a card left in his hand and scooped.

OXO

Count: 3-1
Ranking: 4th out of 34?

I feel like some hero in an Anime, working hard this whole year to overcome my self proclaimed rival and win his attention. And I've done it. I'm pissed that I still have a problem playing against my own archetype but if I hadn't lost today, I would have never been able to play Alex. That one win was worth a hundred loses (and not one more).

Gotcha~
          Chow

4 comments:

  1. good stuff!! Always good to see HEROs winning. Rainbow Neos really was the surprise factor, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Rainbow Neos. Sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! :D
    I was actually thinking about taking out the Chain Material concept because of how it cost me a mirror match but winning against Six Sams has caused me to think otherwise ><

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude how in the hell do you remember all of this? O_o

    ReplyDelete