12/4/11

Chow's Local Report 12/4/2011 and Cardfight!! Vanguard

Sorry I haven't been posting enough. Between a job and classes, I really don't have the time to just plop down and freely write for fun when I could be relaxing some other way. I'll keep this report short too since I ended up playing scrubs half the day. Everyone else was at regionals and I guess I didn't get the memo.

Just like last time, we had 2 people who went 4-0. Although it wasn't necessary to play another match, the winner would get a Duelist League card with those fancy colored letters. It was me and Jared and this time again so we got right down to it.

Round 5 - Jared & Legendary Six Sams
1 - He won the dice roll and went into Shi En right away. I didn't have Veiler in hand so I couldn't stop it. What I did have was a Terraforming, E - Call, Heat, Miracle Fusion, and Safe Zone. Drew into Gate and tried Terraforming into another but was blocked by Bribe. Then I tried Calling Stratos but Shi En took care of that. I tried stalling but the game was over 3 turns later.
2 - I sided into TKRO but it didn't really mater though because I didn't draw into him during any of my remaining games. I summon Diamond Dude and milled a Dark Hole. He goes into Enishi and Kageki but Safe Zone protected Diamond. Dark Hole activated next turn and I was free to continue to plus off Diamond Dude. Hit a Reinforcement of the Army, then a Emergency Call, then a Noblemen which I Exterminated his Mirror Force with, then a Parallel. No misses >:) I don't think he drew too many monsters but did have a decent amount of backrow to counteract my Fusions. I forced Shi En to negate my Destiny Draw, activated Noblemen of Extermination at my own face down and chained the Safe Zone onto his Shi En. I minused 2 but he lost a Shi En which was good enough for me. I forced a Torrential with Black Luster Soldier - Envoy and followed up with two Miracle Fusions for game.
3 - This was a hella fun game. He set Kageki, I attacked into it with Stratos. He drew and pass. I drew into Ocean, summoned, set Safe Zone and end. He summons Kagemusha and I activate Safe Zone on Ocean in response to the summon. He destroys Stratos and I recycled it next turn. He destroys it again I recycle and blow up his backrow instead of the usual searching. I was steadily building up my resources with Stratos. I started pushing back with BLS and I thought I had him on a roll. Feeling confident, I Safe Zoned my BLS during his Standby. He goes into Black Rose which I was totally chill with. I had Diamond Dude, Miracle Fusion, and Monster Reborn in hand, a dead Stratos, Ocean, and BLS in grave. He wasn't letting me off that easy and Reborned my own BLS. I was down to 3100 but next turn, I reborned Stratos, added Voltic to hand, Miracle Fused into Great Tornado and attacked over BLS. Misplay on my part since I could have simply Miracled into Great Tornado and then Reborned BLS. Fugglor also pointed out that I didn't Normal Summoned and could have Voltic into another Stratos for game. Next turn I did the Voltic play and then Super Poly'd into Adoration for the final push.
XOO

Pros:
-Black Luster Soldier is a god send. Thank you so much Epicake, I found my answer to Shi En and Naturia Beast.
-Safe Zone is not as dead as I thought it would be. At the beginning of the format, I was sick of getting it MST'd so I just got rid of it completely. However, today made me appreciate me this card sooo much. This on Ocean, Diamond, Nova Master, and BLS will guarantee me to score pluses.
-Got over my SixSam-phobia.

Cons:
-Crap packs.
-I thought I would end up with a lot of dead Spells in my hand so I threw in two Summoner Monks. Most of the time, it just sat in my hand since I didn't really want to pitch any of Spells since they all played a key part in my plans. Most of the time I wish it was a HERO. Too bad we don't have Escuridao.

I pulled crap from my Turbo Packs and GENF (another Infected Mail ><). I did manage to score another SR Chain Disappearance and SR Quickdraw for Fugglor. Got my last SR Diamond Dude, two Secret Destiny Draws, and a third UR Miracle Fusion. Now all I need is 2 more ScR Super Polymerization :3

I had fun today but I wish the tougher people would show up more often. It would have been nice if I could have played Fugglor in the last round but he put together a deck at the last second and got controlled by BW :3

Trying to decide if I should go next week even though I have exams to study for...

Oh and one last thought. I've been debating whether or not I should play Cardfight!! Vanguard. I've been watching the anime and it looks really fun. I've had thoughts but it was when I was in a sort of YGO slump. Before I could blow off 160 bucks on Trial Decks and two boxes of Set 1, Fugglor managed to snap some sense into me. I gotta save up some dough for other things...like Order of Chaos!!! Hahah.
If you guys have the time and money to play another card game though, I would highly suggest investing it into Cardfight!! It's made by the guy who wrote Yu-Gi-Oh! R and Duel Masters and is extremely fun. Royal Paladins for the win!!!!! Maybe I'll start when it hits shelves in Oregon...
If you guys are intersted, check out RyuKuze, LGQ, and Rauzes blog ;)

http://dangerascend.blogspot.com/
http://ride-the-vanguard.blogspot.com/
http://soimba.blogspot.com/

That's all for today. Said a lot more then I thought I would. Night guyzzz~~~

Gotcha~
          Chow

6 comments:

  1. Nah dude, I pointed out that you could have Super Polyed using his BLS into Shining and went for game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah oh yeah, I could have done that too. I guess I had totally had that game. x]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah dude. Samurai just aren't that good anymore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I can see that haha. It'd be funny if you got a Mirror Gate off on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude I wish I could side in Mirror Gate against Six Sams. Shi En is a dick though. Won't let me do anything :c

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha make him negate something early on, then plop down Fusion Gate

    ReplyDelete