12/31/11

Alternate Uses for Tour Bus From the Underworld

When I think of Tour Bus, I immediately associate it with Tour Guide, and the nasty-ass Perfect Circle engine they're creating in tandem. You probably do too. However, while reading this little Christmas jingle, I realized that Tour Bus could be broken without its $180 counterpart, in the same way that Dandylion is so good in Quickdraw, Lightsworn and Merchant decks (for my little Yugi-tards out there, "sent to the Graveyard" doesn't have the "from the field" part that makes Sangan so useless while Exceeding), so it'll get its effect no matter how it's sent to the graveyard.

That means we can discard/mill it.

At three, this card might be able to make up for the lack of multiple Avarice, and let us re-use cards we can't get back normally. Offhand, I can see Dragunities, Lightsworns, Agents, and Full Monster decks using this, and well.

Dragunities can dump it with Dragon Ravine, and since it's a mandatory effect, you'll be able to recycle a Dux for use next turn. (Not that the deck is competitive anymore, but still.)

Lightsworns can use it to re-use BLS Envoy, Maxx "C", Effect Veilers, Judgment Dragons, and Lumina, and it doubles as a DARK for the Chaos stuff.

Agents can use it to put back dead Hyperion/Kristya/maybe even Shine Balls, and they have ease of access with their TGUs.

Full Monster can use it to recycle Synchros/Exceeds they may need again (I've had plenty of times where I could make a second Shooting Quasar Dragon but I needed the Synchros back in the extra,) or, in a pinch, put back Quickdraw/Junk Synchron to use later.

In addition, it returns opponent's cards too. Put back Glow-Up, Plaguespreader, Spore, Grapha, anything that might fuck up your day.

Fucker's too versatile. I have no idea where it might take the game, or whether or not it'll end up a semi-staple like TGU, but I'm not exactly looking forward to it...

/fugglor

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. Only time will tell us if the card is a staple on the meta or not

    ReplyDelete
  2. well honestly... summoner monk to armageddon knight who drops bus... put dandy or wulf back in deck... lavalval chain to drop said card... yum...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god, I didn't even think about that.

    ReplyDelete