1/18/12

Order of Chaos Reaction - Da' Fuck, Konami?

So, I ordered a box of Order of Chaos along with Chow's two to save some shipping.  Why?  This set is fucking beautiful.  ORCS gives us a hell of a lot of great cards such as:
Tour Bus from the Underworld
Inzektor Hornet
Inzektor Dragonfly
Wind-Up Rat
Wind-Up Shark (I think it's kind of meh)
Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaighty
Wind-Up Arsenal Zenmaioh
Trance Archfiend
Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo
Number 96: Dark Mist
Royal Prison
Gagaga Girl (Don't laugh at me :D)

I personally think that there are two cards in this set that are greatly overrated, and two that are greatly underrated.  The overrated would be Tour Bus and Wind-Up Shark.  Shark is good, but not great.  There are better Wind-Ups to run and I don't see anybody running pure Wind-Ups.  I only think that people are going to be running the loop.  As for Tour Bus, I believe it is NOT a $75 card as it is now, and just a tech for a build that runs TGU.  I'm definitely not investing in this card, but might if I can pick one up cheap (say, 30$).  The cards I see as underrated would be Trance Archfiend and Gagaga Girl.  Trance Archfiend is a great addition to Dark Worlds, and gives it the extra discarding outlet they "need."  It also allows them to recycle a possibly removed Grapha, which slows the deck down a ton.  Gagaga Girl is going to be good, but ONLY when good Rank 8 XYZ get released.  If or when they do, watch out for Gagaga Girl.

The main point of this post is to point out the reason why this set is fucking retarded.  What changed your mind Konami?  Why are you only giving us ONE good fucking set this entire shitty-ass format?  The past sets have been an extreme disappointment to me, and probably some of your readers as well.  And after seeing Galactic Overload, I realize this isn't something Konami wants to change.  They want us to buy tons and tons of boxes of ORCS.

Anyways, this is a set I love and hate.  Mostly because there needs to be less Secret Rares per set, even if its 4-5.  8 is just WAY too many.

/rant

Good pack is good.

~Epicake~



3 comments:

  1. Expect a post revealing the awesomeness that is Wind-Up Shark

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this set, even the commons were good. I wish Konami could do more like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly, I would be so happy if they did more decent sets, and not just give us one per format.

    ReplyDelete