2/1/11

Light ZERO

My main deck in the TCG has been HEROES since Elemental Energy. Specifically Light Beat at the moment as it is the most competitive form of HEROES. Fusion based builds have a hard time recovering if you try to overextend for game but stopped by something like Battle Fader. It also has a hard time countering Glads which I hate with a passion. The aggressiveness of Fusions allows it to stand up to Frog Synchros and Gravekeepers but are outs sped/overpowered by Frogs and out controlled by Gravekeepers. I tried switching to Light Beat but lack of Dualities have made it hard to play the deck consistently and when I tried shoving in WATER food for Absolute Zero, I would find myself clogged with dead Miracle Fusions that I could go for Shining with but that's not available in the TCG for another month. With Light Beat, I also have a hard time getting past decks like Hopeless that are able to bring out their boss monsters over and over again while I can only do it three times with Miracle Fusion. The deck is below is basically a bunch of big monsters shoved into a Light Beat deck. I call it...

It's been doing really well against my teammates but I feel like I might have built this just to counter all of their decks...unconsciously though. I can see this not doing well against GKs but I guess that's what you have your side deck for.



Light ZERO

Elemental Hero Stratos x1
Elemental Hero Neos Alius x3
Elemental Hero Prisma x1
Elemental Hero Ocean x2
Cyber Dragon x2
Thunder King Rai-Oh x2
Honest x2
Snowman Eater x2
Spirit Reaper x1
Debris Dragon x1
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness x1

E - Emergency Call x3
Miracle Fusion x3
Super Polymerization x1
Gemini Spark x3
Book of Moon x2
Monster Reborn x1
Dark Hole x1

Chivalry x1
Solemn Judgement x1
Torrential Tribute x1
Mirror Force x1
Compulsory Evacuation Device x2
Dimensional Prison x2

Elemental Hero Absolute Zero x3
Elemental Hero Gaia x1
Elemental Hero Terra Firma x1
Chimeratech Fortress Dragon x1
Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste x1
Ally of Justice Catastor x1
Goyo Guardian x1
Black Rose Dragon x1
Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier x1
Red Dragon Archfiend x1
Colossal Fighter x1
Stardust Dragon x2

Match 1 (Fugglor - Dragunities)
In Game 1, I had Spark and Alius setup. He went into Dux and Synchro Climbed into Stardust. Big misplay right there as I was planning to Spark with Alius when he was about to be destroyed when the better move would have been to disrupt the Climb by Sparking Vajrayana. I took care of it with Honest but he Synchro Climbed into another the next turn and Reborned his first Stardust. Game 2 was short and sweet: Trident Dragion on my open field.

Match 2 (Fugglor - Dragunities)
I don't remember if I won this one two out of three or not but I won this match. A well timed Gorz stopped his Trident Dragion from finishing me off. Can't remember much else, I made him waste all his Vajrayana which stopped his attempts to Synchro Climb late game.

Match 3 (Fugglor - Monster Surge)
I lost the first game because of Red Nova. My Mirror Force just sat on the field crying. Second game I controlled with Compulse and Super Poly. Third I drew into a god hand. Alius, Spark, Compulse, Honest, Super Poly, and Solemn Judgment. GG.

Match 4 (Brah - Dimension Glads)
First match I kept trying to set up for Absolute Zero but Brah kept removing my WATER food from play with Retiari. Locked me down with Heraklinos for game. The game sucked so much with all my plays being countered, I seriously wanted to pull a Fugglor and smack Brah. I could see why he was pissed haha. Second game was fun because Fugglor kept commenting on Brah's hand, not that it made a difference with me. The game started with me D Prisoning his Murmillo. Bad move? Nah man, twice or thrice Brah tried to go for Murmillo only to remember I removed it from play. By late game, both of us had about 14 monsters removed from play and 1-2 face downs each. Every monster Brah drew into after that was Torrentialed or D Prisoned. I somehow managed to get Absolute Zero out but was too scared to attack because of his face downs. He summoned Darius and dared me to attack. I sac AZ for CyDra and took him down to a perfect 0. Whew, 20 minute duel right there. Third game I summoned AZ second turn so that Brah wouldn't screw me over with Dimensional Fissure. He destroyed it and summoned Murmillo...which I Solemned Judgment. Haha this was only because I knew Brah lacked monsters in hand. I controlled the game from there and won :D

Match 5 (Epicake - Infernities)
I won game 1 because Cake drew into crap. Game 2 he got the loop on me. Game 3 Gorz saved me again from an assault by Iron Chain Dragon and Infernity Doom Dragon. Took Game 3 home.

Match 6 (Epicake - Karakuri Machina)
I opened my turn with a 3000 ATK Chimeratech Fortress Dragon. Game 1 was mine. Game 2 I dropped into double E - Calls which I fetched Stratos, Alius, and Prisma with. I had Spark and Miracle in hand so my plays were set up. Epicake went into double Gadjiltron, Fortress, and Soldier. Limitered for game. Game 3 I dropped into double E - Calls again but this time I went into Alius and set mah Spark. He went into double Gadjiltron, Fortress, and Soldier again. He then Limiter Removed but I had Honest :D Game was mineeee.

Match 7 (Epicake - Karakuri Machina)
I should be known as the Machina killer. I won this match 2-0.

7 matches in one school day...I'm not sure whether to be impressed or ashamed. 

Gotcha~
          Chow

3 comments:

  1. Dude, we need a Dragunity match tiebreaker tomorrow during 6th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be down for that if I didn't have a retake to study for :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, I drew shit Game 3 as well.

    ReplyDelete