2/19/12

Epicake's Banlist OCG Banlist Reaction

Even though all of you probably already know the banlist by heart by now, I'll post it anyways:

Forbidden:
Glow-Up Bulb
Spore
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Trap Dustshoot


Limited:
T.G. Striker
The Agent of Mystery - Earth

Semi-Limited:
Marshmallon
Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
Reborn Tengu
Emergency Teleport
Shien's Smoke Signal
Level Limit - Area B
Torrential Tribute
Ultimate Offering

Unlimited:
Call of the Haunted

So first off, I hate the looks of this list, and hope to GOD that Konami decides to break the tradition and give the TCG a completely different list than what they gave to the OCG.  I doubt it'll happen though.  The reasons I hate this list is mainly because it isn't going to be healthy for the game, but rather healthy for Konami's wallet.  Konami is attempting to sell Exceeds by fading away from Synchros.

Lez break it down:

Forbidden:
Glow-Up Bulb/Spore: I don't believe that the issue with the plant engine should have been handled this way.  I would've liked a banning of Dandylion instead, and putting Lonefire Blossom to 2.  It would be more skill based because now Dandy is going to hang around and be derpy for ANOTHER format.

Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier: Trish just wasn't healthy for the game, being so easy to bring out.  I think they did this to add on to the hitting of Agents since Trish is their main play.  I like Trish, but I saw this coming.

Trap Dustshoot: I agree with this completely, if someone draws into Dustshoot first turn they end up winning the game a majority of the time.

Limited:
T.G. Striker: WTF?  If Konami felt like hitting the T.G. engine I believe they should have limited T.G. Warwolf.  I also never saw the T.G. engine as much of an issue, so again... WTF Konami?

The Agent of Mystery - Earth: Okay, something had to happen to Agents and this was the correct decision to make.

Semi-Limited:
Marshmallon: Hell, why not?  Card is less broken and far too slow for the Inzektor/Wind-Up format we'll be seeing.

Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner: This might be the lift that Lightsworns need to get a boost in consistency.  Lumina is pretty much THE best Lightsworn there is, so we'll see what happens.

Reborn Tengu: Foreshadowing much?  Looks like the OCG will be getting Tengu soon, and Konami feels like it'd be too much of an issue.  I hated Tengu personally... so good riddance.

Emergency Teleport: What's this for?  Gustos?  Tele-Dad?  Who cares?  I like the card and it'll give a boost to a underpowered deck.  Good call by Konami to ban Mind Master and bring this back.

Shien's Smoke Signal: I've never had an issue playing against Samurai, I don't believe I've ever lost to Sams in a tournament (even during the derpy format).  Just add a little consistency to Six-Sams, why not?

Level Limit - Area B: Nobody will give a fuck about this, MST has stayed at 3.

Torrential Tribute: Wow, didn't see this one coming.  This card ALWAYS generates me plusses, but I guess it will teach players not to try to overextend their field.  I don't know how this will turn out, but it might actually be for the better.

Ultimate Offering: Okay? DGAF.

Unlimited:
Call of the Haunted: I'm pissed about this.  Call of the Haunted is a ridiculous card for Inzektors, and any deck that can plus from the graveyard.

So overall, we'll see how the list turns out but I hate it.  Doesn't matter, I'm switching to playing casually until Konami gives us a decent banlist and releases better sets that DON'T introduce a new, broken archetype.

I guess I'll run Crystal Beasts or something.

~Epicake~

No comments:

Post a Comment