6/3/12

The future of TRB...

...seems to be rooted in Vanguard. All of us have taken the plunge, and we're also all a bit sick of YuGiOh and the direction it's been going in. As of right now, we're all still playing both, but I'm thinking about selling off my stuff and buying up Vanguard here before it gets TOO popular. I am gonna hold on to one deck for shits and giggles (also because YCS Seattle is in November and I've never been to one before), and it's something I've played variants of in the past: Frog Monarchs.

Or, to be precise, Lancer Frogs. A hybrid, actually.

Monsters: 27

3x Sea Lancer
3x Light and Darkness Dragon
2x Caius the Shadow Monarch
1x Obelisk the Tormentor

3x Swap Frog
3x Ronintoadin
2x Poison Draw Frog
2x Dupe Frog
1x Treeborn Frog

1x Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
2x Tragoedia
2x Battle Fader
1x Effect Veiler
1x Maxx "C"

Spells: 11

3x Enemy Controller
2x Creature Swap
2x Salvage
1x Book of Moon
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm

Traps: 2

2x Compulsory Evacuation Device

Extra Deck: 3

3x Gachi Gachi Gantetsu

Basically, I'm running it because a) it's consistent-ish, b) it usually has an out and it's kind of fun to bash Inzektors into the ground with LaDD, and 3) it's CHEAP. Super fuckin cheap. I think the whole deck (minus Maxx "C") cost about 40 bucks.

Anyway, there are some choices in here I feel need some explanation.

3x Light and Darkness Dragon

This shit fucks the meta hardcore. Nothing really has an out besides chaining Fiendish Chain or Forbidden Lance to its negation, and opponents usually eat up resources trying to get rid of it only for me to just drop a second one next turn. 3 of these is mandatory. Not too sure how I feel putting it against Lyla, but it's just too good.

1x Obelisk the Tormentor

Funny as hell to drop, and easy to boot. Doesn't hurt that you can blow the field for virtually no cost using Ronintoadins as food.

1x Effect Veiler/1x Maxx "C"

I know Veiler does a lot more against the meta but I don't have more than one and I happen to have two Maxx "C" so it felt like a shame to not put in at least one. Also helps stop Hieratic/Wind-Up plays and lets me draw into the Faders.

2x Compulsory Evacuation Device

Just too good not to run this format. Stops everything, especially with the new priority rulings. REDMD? Fuck that shit. Dragonfly? Fuck that shit too. Fuck all the shit. It also doesn't interfere too much with Treeborn because it's so versatile.

That's about it, the rest of the choices are standard/preference. Can't wait for Daigusto Phoenix to come out, this deck will be fucked after that. Don't see it getting hit in September either... freakin' sweet. Expect to see a few more Vanguard posts, but not from me because I don't understand that shit at all yet. Picked up Gold Paladins today, we'll see how that goes. Peace out.

/fugglor

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I got the trial deck and I've been kind of worried I made the wrong choice, but I forgot about the pack stuff I'm gonna need lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They already have great support, and they're just gonna get better. And since they got a trial deck it was probably the best choice to make.

    ReplyDelete